CIEH Level 2
Award in Food Safety in Catering
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required to operate safely within food handling environments. It is specifically aimed at those employed or wishing to be employed in the catering and hospitality sector.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants.
- Supermarkets and retail environments.
- Food and drink manufacturers.
- Care homes.
- A firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved.
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling).
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
Full day programme.
Multiple choice exam.
Ofqual Qualification Number
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years. We can provide this for groups of six or more people. Please contact us for more details.
Level 3 Award in Food Safety.